Code of Conduct - Expectations of Players
Netball nights have a responsibility to promote fun and high standards of behaviour in the game and this relies on players also.
Play your part, have fun, enjoy yourselves and observe the code of conduct for players at all times.
We hope that all participants keep in mind that this is about having fun when becoming involved.
Although the games may become intense, you still can be competitive while maintaining good sportsmanship.
With this said, any behavior deemed unacceptable by staff may result in suspension and/or ejection from a game or the league.
- The umpires have complete control of the game and their decision is FINAL.
- When rules of the game are broken the penalties awarded by the umpire are free pass, penalty pass (or penalty pass or shot), throw in, toss up.
- This is a demanding position and we expect all players to respect their umpires, even if you may disagree with a decision.Without them the game is not possible!
As a Netball Nights Player you agree to:
- Listen to and respect the umpires decision
- Adhere to the rules of the game
- I will comply with the nails/jewellery and piercings ruling
- Promote fair play and behave within the spirit of the rules of the game.
- Never bully or engage in offensive, insulting or abusive language, public criticism or poor behaviour towards anyone, player or umpire
- Speak to team-mates, the opposition and the umpires with respect
- Ask my team captain to speak with the umpire/s in the breaks if I have a problem relating to the game, not on court
- Remember we all make mistakes
- Have a great game of social and fun netball